CLICK HERE FOR CURRENT COVID-19 POLICIES
CLICK FOR CURRENT COVID-19 EXPOSURE PROTOCOLS
CLICK FOR CURRENT INFO ON ISOLATION AND QUARANTINE
SUMMER SESSION 2022 PRICING AND POLICIES
The 2022 Summer Session begins Monday, June 21, 2022 and ends Thursday, August, 11, 2022. There is no membership fee for Summer Session classes, camps, intensives, class cards, master classes or workshops.
Tuition for summer session programs will be charged to the payment method (credit card or bank account) you enter online when registering. Customers should expect the charge to be processed within 7 days of registration. Tuition must be paid in full to reserve a place in all programs. Unpaid registrations will be considered incomplete and subject to cancellation. Classes missed due to illness, injury, inclement weather, government closure or personal holiday may be made up in another class of appropriate level. We will not prorate tuition for missed classes.
The 2022 Summer Session class prices are as follows:
Fairy Tale Dance Days- $32 per camp
Magic in Us Camp- $170
Dance PAW-ty with My Pet Camp- $128
Team USA Olympic Camp- $170
One Day Mix-n-Match Camps- $42 per camp
Cheer & Tumble Camp- $32
Stay Strong Workshops & Intensives:
1 hour intensives & workshops- $25
90 minute intensives & workshops- $35
2 hour intensives & workshops- $45
3-day Tumbling Intensive- $180
3-day Irish Step Workshop- $180
Super Summer Session:
5-week class session- Prices listed are per student for a 5-week class session.
1 weekly 30 min class: $85
1 weekly 55 min class: $120
Summer Cancellation/ Withdrawal
Students who choose not to continue with dance classes must notify The Dance Corner in writing by logging into your account at.thedancecorner.com and selecting “drop a class” or email Office@thedancecorner.com. Refunds will not be granted due to student withdrawal from summer session classes or camps. Students who withdraw more than 30 days before the class or camp start date will be issued a studio credit. Studio credits and refunds will not be issued to students who withdraw less than 30 days before class or camp start date. The Dance Corner reserves the right to cancel classes or camps due to lack of enrollment. Tuition refunds will be granted only in the event that The Dance Corner cancels classes or camps. No refunds or credits will be given if a similar online class is provided in place of an in-studio class.
FALL-SPRING SESSION 2022-2023 Policies
CLASSES BEGIN SEPTEMBER 9, 2022
- There is a one time, discounted $55 membership fee for fall classes. One fee per family. The non-refundable $55 membership fee and non-refundable last monthly tuition installment is due upon enrollment in order to finalize your enrollment and reserve your child’s place in class.
TUITION FEES & PAYMENT
- Tuition rates are for the full season (September-June, including studio holidays) from September 9 through the Spring recital in June, not by the number of classes in the month. A full season of dance includes a minimum of 31 lessons. Tuition fees are paid monthly. June 1st will be the last tuition payment of the season.
- All clients are required to submit a credit/debit card or bank draft information at registration. After registering (paying the last month and membership fee), tuition will be debited from your account (or charged to your credit card) on the 1st day of each remaining month beginning September 1, 2022.
- Recital costume fees will be automatically charged to your account on November 15th. Costume fees will be sent to families in October.
- Clients can check their balance at any time by logging into their account at TheDanceCorner.com.
- A $25 service fee will be charged for all returned checks.
- Accounts not paid within terms are subject to an accruing 5% monthly finance charge until paid. The Dance Corner reserves the right to discontinue service to any customer with an account more than 60 days past due.
- There is a one month minimum for all lessons. A one-month notice from the first of the month is required to discontinue any payments for the following month.
- To withdraw a parent must inform The Dance Corner in writing by logging into your account at TheDanceCorner.com and selecting “drop a class” or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Charges will continue to accrue to your account until The Dance Corner has been notified of your withdrawal in writing. Automatic bank debiting or credit card charges will stop after the 1 month notice period. Refunds or credits will not be given for tuition.
- Payments made for membership, tuition and costumes are non-refundable.
- There are no refunds of tuition for classes you’re scheduled to attend whether or not you attend the class, and there are no refunds for membership fees or the last monthly tuition installment payable upon registration.
PRIVATE LESSON CANCELLATION POLICY
- All private lessons canceled with more than 24 hours notice will receive a full refund. No-show lessons or lessons canceled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged the full amount.
RESCHEDULING, TEACHER AND CLASS SUBSTITUTION
- TDC reserves the right to reschedule or combine classes.
- TDC reserves the right to provide a substitute or replacement teacher as TDC may deem necessary.
- TDC reserves the right to deliver class content via an online system in the event that classes are not able to be conducted live for any reason including, but not limited to: weather, teacher absence, or governmental advisory.
REFUNDS/CREDIT ON ACCOUNT
- Refunds are only issued when The Dance Corner cancels a class due to low enrollment.
- Class transfers are included for members and an account credit will be issued towards the new class when the student initiates a class transfer. Credit will be applied to any tuition or fees due to The Dance Corner within one year. No credits will be issued for the last tuition installment.
- No refunds will be given if a similar online class is provided in place of an in-studio class.
- Regular attendance is vital to student progress and group choreography. Please make every effort to attend each class.
- Students may make up classes missed due to illness, injury, inclement weather or personal holiday in another class of appropriate level. Tuition is not prorated for missed classes.
- Make up classes do not cover recital choreography taught in missed classes. After April 1st, make up classes are available but will not catch students up on choreography they missed in their own class.
- Please report absences via email to office@TheDanceCorner.com or by calling the studio 860-663-3738.
Proper attire and hair etiquette are required for all classes. Special class attire including shoes and hair will be published before the start of classes in August. Most required items are available in our Dance shop.
SAFER STUDIO POLICY
TDC requires all staff and students to stay home when they are ill. In order to reduce community spread of Covid-19, we follow best practices and recommendations from our local health department and from our industry associations, More Than Just Great Dancing!® and Youth Protection Advocates in Dance. TDC understands that unlike older children and adults, young children cannot be expected to maintain social distancing at all times. Therefore TDC focuses on a hierarchy of measures beginning with keeping ill people home, followed by frequent hand cleaning and good hygiene practices, and amplified cleaning. In the event a class is unable to be held at the studio, classes will convert to an online learning platform until in-studio classes can resume.
- At The Dance Corner we go to great lengths to keep you informed and up to date through monthly e-newsletter, e-mail, facebook and lobby postings.
- Join our the TDC Parent & Student Community on Facebook to connect with faculty and families
- Questions- We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your dancer and our programs. Let us know how we can help you in any way!
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY AND STUDIO CLOSURES
In the event of inclement weather, power outages or other conditions that are unsafe for our students to attend classes, an email will be sent and a Facebook post be made by 2:00pm for afternoon classes and 8:00am for morning classes if classes are canceled. Please note that we do not necessarily follow school closings as roads are often cleared by the time studio classes begin. Any canceled classes may be made up on your own time from our regular schedule of classes, based upon availability.
LOST AND FOUND AND SECURITY
- Lost and found baskets are located in both lobbies. Please check the lost and found basket regularly as all lost and found items are donated to Goodwill or another charitable collection service on the 1st of each month.
- Security cameras are located in the dance studios, lobbies and office for safety and security.
- We celebrate our students’ accomplishments annually with our Spring Recital. We encourage but do not require participation.
- The Spring Recital will be held in May or June with the date depending on local theater availability.
- Show assignments and rehearsal schedules will be tentatively published in March.
- Tickets will be available for purchase through a ticketing service prior to the performance date (date TBA).
SPRING RECITAL COSTUME ORDERS/EXCHANGES
- All classes have a recital costume unless noted on the schedule.
- Spring Recital costumes are ordered in the fall to ensure availability and timely arrival. Spring Recital costumes will be paid by automatic EFT, debit or credit card payment on November 15 and are not refundable.. Costumes will not be ordered unless payment is received in full.
- Costumes are delivered Jan-Mar. Exchanges may be made at teacher discretion for sizing issues within one week of the student trying on the costume in class at no additional cost to the client. After one week there may be additional shipping/handling fees and/or limited availability.
- Costumes will not be distributed to you until your account is paid in full. Costumes are non-returnable and non-refundable.
Students will be placed in the appropriate class for their age and level. Students new to dance may need to begin the year in a class younger than their age group, or may be asked to take an additional class for a period of time in order to catch up to their age group. We ask that you please respect Dance Corner staff decisions regarding placement. It is important to us that students of all ages and levels have a positive dance experience. All questions or concerns about class placement should be directed to The Operations Director.
2022-2023 Fall-Spring Session Tuition
MONTHLY CLASS PRICES (based on a 31 class session fee divided into 10 installments)-
- One Weekly – 30 min class- $51
- One Weekly – 45-55 min class- $71
Trial classes for Members:
- Members can take a free trial class from September-January in any other classes for their age and level open for enrollment.