CLICK HERE FOR CURRENT COVID-19 POLICIES
CLICK FOR CURRENT COVID-19 EXPOSURE PROTOCOLS
CLICK FOR CURRENT INFO ON ISOLATION AND QUARANTINE
FALL-SPRING 2021-2022 SESSION PRICING AND POLICIES
CLASSES BEGIN SEPTEMBER 10, 2021
- There is a one-time, $55 membership fee for fall classes. One fee per family. The non-refundable $55 membership fee and 1st monthly tuition installment are due upon enrollment in order to finalize your enrollment and secure your place in the classes you select.
TUITION FEES & PAYMENT
- Tuition rates are for the full season (September-June, including studio holidays) from September 10 through the Spring recital in June, not by the number of classes in the month. A full season of dance includes a minimum of 34 lessons. Tuition fees are paid monthly. June 1st will be the last tuition payment of the season.
- All clients are required to submit a credit/debit card or bank draft information at registration. After registering (paying the first month and membership fee), tuition will be debited from your account (or charged to your credit card) on the 1st day of each remaining month beginning October 1, 2021.
- Recital costume fees will be automatically charged to your account on November 15th. Costume fees will be sent to families in October.
- Clients can check their balance at any time by logging into their account at TheDanceCorner.com.
- A $25 service fee will be charged for all returned checks.
- Accounts not paid within terms are subject to an accruing 5% monthly finance charge until paid. The Dance Corner reserves the right to discontinue service to any customer with an account more than 60 days past due.
- There is a one-month minimum for all lessons. A one-month notice from the first of the month is required to discontinue any payments for the following month.
- To withdraw a parent must inform The Dance Corner in writing by logging into your account at TheDanceCorner.com and selecting “drop a class” or email MissJenny@thedancecorner.com. Charges will continue to accrue to your account until The Dance Corner has been notified of your withdrawal in writing. Automatic bank debiting or credit card charges will stop after the 1 month notice period. Refunds or credits will not be given for tuition.
- Payments made for membership, tuition, and costumes are non-refundable.
- There are no refunds of tuition for classes you’re scheduled to attend whether or not you attend the class, and there are no refunds for membership fees or the first monthly tuition installment payable upon registration.
PRIVATE LESSON CANCELLATION POLICY
- All private lessons canceled with more than 24 hours notice will receive a full refund. No-show lessons or lessons canceled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged the full amount.
RESCHEDULING, TEACHER AND CLASS SUBSTITUTION
- TDC reserves the right to reschedule or combine classes.
- TDC reserves the right to provide a substitute or replacement teacher as TDC may deem necessary.
- TDC reserves the right to deliver class content via an online system in the event that classes are not able to be conducted live for any reason including, but not limited to: weather, teacher absence, or governmental advisory.
REFUNDS/CREDIT ON ACCOUNT
- Refunds are only issued when The Dance Corner cancels a class due to low enrollment.
- Class transfers are included for members and an account credit will be issued towards the new class when the student initiates a class transfer. Credit will be applied to any tuition or fees due to The Dance Corner within one year. No credits will be issued for the first tuition installment.
- No refunds will be given if a similar online class is provided in place of an in-studio class.
3 WAYS TO LEARN
TDC offers a variety of service options including private instruction, traditional classes, and online instruction to meet the needs of students and staff as well as for the ability to maintain service continuity in any situation.
- Regular attendance is vital to student progress and group choreography. Please make every effort to attend each class.
- Students may make up classes missed due to illness, injury, inclement weather, or personal holiday in another class of an appropriate level. Tuition is not prorated for missed classes.
- Make-up classes do not cover recital choreography taught in missed classes. After April 1st, make-up classes are available but will not catch students up on choreography they missed in their own class.
- Please report absences via email to MissJenny@TheDanceCorner.com or by calling the studio 860-663-3738.
Proper attire and hair etiquette are required for all classes. Special class attire including shoes and hair will be published before the start of classes in August. Most required items are available in our Dance shop.
SAFER STUDIO POLICY
TDC requires all staff and students to stay home when they are ill. In order to reduce the community spread of Coronavirus, we follow best practices and recommendations from our local health department and from our industry associations, More Than Just Great Dancing!®, and Youth Protection Advocates in Dance. TDC understands that, unlike older children and adults, young children cannot be expected to maintain social distancing at all times. Therefore TDC focuses on a hierarchy of measures beginning with keeping ill people home, followed by frequent hand cleaning and good hygiene practices, amplified cleaning, and curricular and facility adaptations to minimize contact and mingling where possible. All studio classes are backed up on an online learning platform. In the event a class is unable to be held at the studio, classes will convert to an online learning platform until in-studio classes can resume.
CONTINUOUS PARENT COMMUNICATION SYSTEM
TDC uses a “green, yellow, red” system of continuous parent communication regarding the status of classes which can be found on the homepage of our website and social media. Green indicates to attend face-to-face classes as usual. Yellow indicates a cautionary change to service delivery, so please check your email. Red indicates clients should stay home and attend class online.
- At The Dance Corner we go to great lengths to keep you informed and up to date through the monthly e-newsletter, e-mail, facebook and lobby postings.
- Join the TDC Parent & Student Community on Facebook to connect with faculty and families
- Questions- We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your dancer and our programs. Let us know how we can help you in any way!
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY AND STUDIO CLOSURES
In the event of inclement weather, power outages or other conditions that are unsafe for our students to attend classes, an email will be sent and a Facebook post is made by 2:00pm for afternoon classes and 8:00am for morning classes if classes are cancelled. Please note that we do not necessarily follow school closings as roads are often cleared by the time studio classes begin. Any canceled classes may be made up on your own time from our regular schedule of in-person and online classes, based upon availability.
LOST AND FOUND AND SECURITY
- Lost and found baskets are located in both lobbies. Please check the lost and found basket regularly as all lost and found items are donated to Goodwill or another charitable collection service on the 1st of each month.
- Security cameras are located in the dance studios, lobbies and offices for safety and security.
SPRING RECITAL COSTUME ORDERS/EXCHANGES
- All classes have a recital costume unless noted on the schedule.
- Spring Recital costumes are ordered in the fall to ensure availability and timely arrival. Spring Recital costumes will be paid by automatic EFT, debit, or credit card payment on November 15 and are not refundable after November 30. Costumes are ordered over Thanksgiving break. Costumes will not be ordered unless payment is received in full.
- Costumes are delivered Jan-Mar. Exchanges may be made at teacher’s discretion for sizing issues within one week of the student trying on the costume in class at no additional cost to the client. After one week there may be additional shipping/handling fees and/or limited availability.
- Costumes will not be distributed to you until your account is paid in full. Costumes are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- We end our season with our Spring Recital. We encourage but do not require participation.
- The Spring Recital will be held in June with the date depending on local theater availability.
- Show assignments and rehearsal schedules will be tentatively published in March.
- Tickets will be available for purchase through a ticketing service in May (date TBA). Ticket prices typically range from $20-$25 depending on the venue.
Students will be placed in the appropriate class for their age and level. Students new to dance may need to begin the year in a class younger than their age group, or may be asked to take an additional class for a period of time in order to catch up to their age group. We ask that you please respect Dance Corner staff decisions regarding placement. It is important to us that students of all ages and levels have a positive dance experience. All questions or concerns about class placement should be directed to The Family Care Coordinator.
2021-2022 Fall-Spring Session Tuition
MONTHLY CLASS PRICES (based on a 34 class session fee divided into 10 installments)-
- One Weekly – 30 min class- $48
- One Weekly – 45-55 min class- $68
Trial classes for members:
- Members can take a free trial class from September-January in any other classes for their age and level open for enrollment.